Friday, June 30, 2006

The Story of Mr Bastard & A Young Lady

Mr Bastard, again, came into my life a few days ago. He came in at a right moment. Emotionally, this is one of my worst time lately. He may get what he wants easily during such a bad time of mine. Anyway, he is just as cheap and despicable as he was 5 years ago, and most probably as he always is. I am so sorry that I have ever met such a bastard-of-bastard at the very early stage of my becoming an 'adult' (well, relatively speaking) and that of my capturing my young little dreams which were far too idealistic and unrealistic--yep, I knew and know that. Creating quite a wonderful scene, he kind of gave me hopes, but certainly cheated a young lady by breaking all those words (not to mention his loads of 'promises') from his mouth. From then on, there was hence no more hopes, nor dreams. I do not trust promises anymore since then.

You know, I never imagined he would come again and stupidly expect that I am still who I was. I have, at least, got some changes throughout the years I guess. Not sure whether the changes are good or not, I consider myself more mature in some way (again, relatively) and always look for a better inside, a better me. However, I could notice even on the phone that he is still the same. Same Cheapy; Same Despicable; Same Bad Bread; Same unlucky outdated untalented bread; and after all, Same Bastard-of-Bastard. Or, excuse me, can I simply subjectively refer him to be King of Bastard? This sounds nice to him. Damn nice.

I intended to talked and had a deal with him last night; Yet he had called unexpectedly. Well, as expected (huh, I know him), he was not willing to give me even a cent for my hours of working and those 50 thousands of words. Well, I spent my most valuable young time on doing such a shit task for, for nothing. I remember I was indeed depressed and sad at the time I knew the very end of the circumstance. But then I realised this was in fact an example of the reality and, nothing really important. 5 Years later, I reminded him my effort put. "Even typing costs"--I told him. Nonetheless, he is what he is. Shit. He mentioned I was nobody 5 years ago. Yep, obviously I was nobody; but now, I still am nobody. So what? Being nobody does not necessarily means being bullied. Maybe he is somebody in a certain circle or a certain whatever, it does not necessarily means he is a good/respectable/whatsoever guy out there. Who knows him? Who remebers him? Who cares what he did/does? This is somebody. He is just one of those guys who blows water and considers himself great or important or whatsoever in his world. Maybe. I am not sure what and how he thinks of himself. Yet I am 100% sure he is definitely good at blowing water--the best things he has been working on so far, I doubt. Well, I do not want to make any comments on the way he works for his jobs/career/living/whatsoever, I personally just fucking HATE that, OK?

He wanted the file back. He wanted the novel version back. He wanted everything back. Maybe I should not mention the wording 'back'. All was done and owned by me, not him, in this case. I can now conclude, first, he does not really teasure the version or the way the file should be used as he does not keep it; second, he does not really regard having the file/version (back) important as he is not willing to even pay for a(n) reasonable/unreasonable price for it. So why the hell should I give him my effort? I prefer keeping those 50 thousand words under my bed to giving the file to him for any possible advantages. He does not deserve it, does he? Well, he dared to come and ask like lo fung.

The call ended up with my saying "Then forget it" and my cutting off on the line FIRST. To be honest, this was what I wanted most to have happened. Please never appear again, Mr. Bastard.

Anyway, I gotta sincerely thank my buddy and Lok for pieces of advice (actually, seemed to be instructions), or even for just talking to me. And, oh, I got your card, buddy. I love it. I love lovely things. I love lovely words.I love the white tulip. I love Your Red Tulip. I love red. I love the red-eye tree frog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why in english?

Anonymous said...

Was just too tired to type in Chinese.

phyllischan said...

Why is the publishing industry so full of shitty-people nowaday?